Free full game 2018
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Admin
Admin
https://jugos.yoo7.com

Project - English - Seven Projects to Use in Your ESL Listening-Speaking Classroom Empty Project - English - Seven Projects to Use in Your ESL Listening-Speaking Classroom

Miér 18 Ago 2021 - 10:03

Project - English - Seven Projects to Use in Your ESL Listening-Speaking Classroom _c1e27d4e667a294e670950a50a09ab15
[/center]

Project - English - Seven Projects to Use in Your ESL Listening-Speaking Classroom
pdf, epub, azw3, mobi | 3.11 MB | English | Isbn:‎ B09CN1Q7PH | Author: Uyemura, Evelyn | Year: 2021

[/center]

Description:

After co-authoring the textbook Pronunciation Celebration (Kendall-Hunt, 2011) for use in Intermediate Listening and Speaking classes, I began looking for something similar to use in our Advanced Listening and Speaking class. I was unable to find a text that I could use on its own without considerable supplementation. I wanted activities and projects, not simply discussion topics. I wanted to connect students with the resources available online, with the English-speaking community around them, and with each other. I wanted meaningful projects that would be of interest and use to students with various life experiences and goals .I wanted to integrate listening comprehension with high-interest, motivating projects. I decided that I needed to create the material myself, and after using these materials successfully in my class for several semesters, I now want to make it available to other teachers as well.

This book is intended for teachers of English as a Second or Foreign Language to high-intermediate and advanced young adults and adults, as a sourcebook of ideas that they can incorporate into their listening/speaking classes. It is not a textbook, but permission is granted to use and adapt the materials to your own class as needed. (This is not a student book or self-study guide. It assumes a classroom context.) The material was created in a multi-language community college ESL context in the US (California, specifically.) It draws upon the resources available online, and it assumes that students can access such resources. The material would also be suitable for international students entering university ISPs and IEPs. It may also be useful in the highest level adult schools, if students have a strong level of literacy. Some of the projects would also be successful in a high school class for English Learners. The content is both academic and practical. I assume that students have access to internet sources such as Youtube, whether on smartphones or on computers at home or in a lab. If you are teaching in a very different environment, such as a single-language EFL context, you will have to judge how to adapt the materials to your situation. Not all materials will work in all circumstances. It is written in American English, and some of the projects may not be suitable in certain political or cultural contexts.

The skills that are emphasized include:
•Listening comprehension of natural language used by native and non-native speakers in both face-to-face and video contexts.
•Discussing and negotiating with other learners.
•Speaking confidently to a group.
•Note-taking.
•Planning and presenting a Powerpoint-type presentation.
•Gaining confidence with understanding and using large numbers.
•Increasing cultural knowledge.
•Advanced-level vocabulary relevant to specific domains such as law and business.
The Projects: Project #1: Get the Job Done (job interview)
Project #2: Walking the Talk (TED talk)
Project #3: History in Our Own Words (Oral history)
Project #4: Into the Tank (based on the TV show Shark Tank)
Project #5: See You in Court (mock trial)
Project #6: Up for Debate (debate)
Project #7: The Drama of American History (Reader's Theater)

Each project takes 2 to 3 weeks from introduction to final presentation, including several hours of in-class work each week and several hours of out-of-class homework and group work. The group work can be done virtually if students have access to smartphones and/or internet and computer access. I hope you and your students will find ideas here to build their skills in English and to express themselves in powerful ways in their new language.

Hosters: Rapidgator |Nitroflare

https://rapidgator.net/file/74fd9659974bc168e42dd9480bf3d435/oqwvw49v7875.rar

https://nitro.download/view/41193BC90105139/g30wiad094m2.rar
[/center]